When it comes to the flu season, prevention is power. As part of Clark’s initiative to keep our community healthy, we are holding flu vaccine clinics for both students and employees.
Student flu vaccine clinics
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts has mandated that all students attending school in Massachusetts must receive the flu vaccine by Dec. 31, 2020. Clark strongly urges every student — whether they are studying in person or remotely — to be vaccinated as soon as possible.
Clark is offering two flu vaccine clinics for students currently participating in the University’s COVID-19 surveillance testing: Thursday, Oct. 8, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Monday, Oct. 12, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., at the Dolan Field House.
To receive your shot:
- On the day of the clinic, come to the Dolan Field House with your Clark ID and proof of insurance. Please wear a short-sleeved shirt (or one that can easily be pushed up to the middle of your upper arm).
- You are required to adhere to the protocols of the Clark Commitment, including mask wearing and social distancing.
- Please review the email you received for more information.
Learn more about the state requirement here »
Employee flu vaccine clinics
Clark encourages all employees to get the flu vaccine this year in advance of a flu season that will be exacerbated by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic Harvard Pilgrim Health Care will sponsor two flu vaccine clinics for employees: Wednesday, Oct. 14, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., and Thursday, Nov. 5, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., at the Dolan Field House (93 Beaver St.). These clinics will be administered by Med Bar; the vaccine will be given only to individuals ages 19 and older.
- These immunizations are a covered benefit for HPHC members; please have your HPHC health insurance card available.
- If you are not a member of HPHC, Med Bar accepts valid insurance cards from most major carriers, or the $33 fee may be paid by cash or check at the flu clinic. Please make checks payable to Med Bar.
- Preregistration is required; book your appointment here.
Important things to know:
- All employees planning to attend the flu vaccine clinic must abide by Clark’s COVID-19 testing protocols.
- Employees not currently in the weekly testing cadence will need to have obtained negative COVID test results within 72 hours of their vaccine appointment.
- When you attend the flu clinic, wear a short-sleeved shirt or one that can be pushed up to at least the middle of your upper arm.
- Before giving you the shot, a nurse will go over the consent form, cover possible reactions, and explain what to do if you have symptoms.
- If you have never had a flu vaccine, you will be asked to sit for 10–15 minutes before you leave to be sure there are no adverse reactions.
- You should not get a flu vaccine if you are allergic to eggs.
Have questions about how it works? Email the Med Bar team or call 646-933-5677.