Dear Clark University Employees,
You are likely aware of Governor Baker’s announcement earlier today closing non-essential businesses and advising everyone to stay at home where they can for the two-week period. The order includes the following guidance as to what aspects of University operations are exempt essential services:
Educators and staff supporting public and private emergency childcare programs, residential schools for students with disabilities, K-12 schools, colleges, and universities for purposes of facilitating distance learning, provision of school meals, or performing other essential student support functions, if operating under rules for social distancing.
The University will meet all aspects of these responsibilities, both in terms of ending non-essential services for the next two weeks and maintaining support for distance learning and essential student support functions. The University will remain open for the purpose of delivering these essential services, including to continue teaching courses in our new comprehensive on-line format and supporting faculty in doing so.
Please read the following directions carefully:
- Employees deemed essential in keeping with the above guidance will be contacted today by their department head to confirm work arrangements for the next two weeks.
- Commencing tomorrow, Tuesday, March 24, all other employees should not come to campus for these two weeks and instead should complete work from home where possible.
- Since support for distance learning is included as an essential service, faculty are asked to continue to teach their courses on-line as previously planned. Faculty will continue to have access to campus for this purpose. We recognize that faculty likely will be delivering courses extensively from home. If you have questions regarding this or any related matter, please contact Davis Baird in the provost’s office (email@example.com). We also refer you to the Academic Continuity guide for details around how to access individual support for your courses.
- All Clark employees will receive their regular compensation for these two weeks, including those student employees previously scheduled and approved to work over this two-week period. Human Resources will provide further guidance on how to complete timesheets and administrative leave reports to record this time.
- Buildings will be closed over these two weeks, unless they must stay open for use by faculty or staff (via card access) identified as performing essential support services.
We will stay in touch with you throughout these two weeks. As we receive further guidance from the Governor’s office, we will share that information with you.
Please take care of yourselves and your families. Questions regarding the above guidelines that cannot be addressed by your department head should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.