Undergraduate students in last fall’s “Art, the Public, and the History of Worcester: ArtsWorcester,” a Problems of Practice (POP) course taught by Kristina Wilson, professor of art history, are seeing their efforts bear fruit this spring. The students researched contemporary artists to be featured in eight solo exhibitions produced by ArtsWorcester and wrote essays about the artists’ work. The students’ essays appear in pamphlets handed out at the galleries or as columns published in Worcester Magazine.
Read more about Art History Professor Kristina Wilson’s Problems of Practice course, “Art, the Public, and the History of Worcester: ArtsWorcester”
Below is list of the artists, their exhibitions, and the students’ work:
At the Worcester Arts Museum:
- James Dye, “Exploring the Myths of James Dye,” April 7-Sept. 2: “James Dye: An Ancient Past Evoked Through Contemporary Art,” a pamphlet available at the museum, by Alyssa Pelletier ’19; upcoming Worcester Magazine article by Pauline Wan ’20. Artist’s opening reception, 5:30 to 8 p.m., Thursday, April 19.
At The Aurora, headquarters of ArtsWorcester, 660 Main St., Worcester:
- Colleen Fitzgerald, “Stamina,” Feb. 2-March 2, 2018: “Remapping the Landscape,” a Worcester Magazine article by Kathleen Hall-Lapinski; gallery pamphlet by Quinn Mitchell ’19.
- Carrie Crane, “Becoming Truth,” May 4-26: pamphlet and upcoming Worcester Magazine article by Toni Armstrong ’19.
- Madge Evers, “Sporeplay,” May 4-26: pamphlet by Brianna Giammasi ’19; upcoming Worcester Magazine article by Kate Grady ’18.
- Catherine Wilcox-Titus, “Primal Waters,” May 4-26: pamphlet and upcoming Worcester Magazine article by Sara Cogan ’18 (both pictured at top).
At The Hadley, 657 Main St., Worcester:
- Ann Rosebrooks, “Sojourns,” Feb. 2-June 29: gallery pamphlet and Worcester Magazine article, “Sojourns: Home Away from Home,” by Michaela Davies ’20.
At The Hanover in The Hanover Theater, 2 Southbridge St., Worcester:
- Karen Reid, “Mental Notes,” Feb. 16-June 9: “Karen Reid’s ‘Mental Notes,’” a Worcester Magazine article by Alisha Savoy ’19, who also researched and wrote the pamphlet distributed at the gallery.
- James Hunt, “Under the Highway: Blackstone River Landscapes,” June 27-Oct. 30: pamphlet by Alice Dillon ’19; upcoming Worcester Magazine article by Autumn Perez ’18.